Destination Downtown is an exhibit that will take place in the Gold Coast Arts Gallery (located at the Gold Coast Arts Center), and in the storefront windows of businesses throughout downtown Great Neck, New York.
EXHIBITION DATES: July 10 – September 15, 2021
RECEPTION DATE: TBD
DELIVERY OR WORK: All work must be delivered to GCAC by July 1, 2021. Artist must coordinate drop-off time with GCAC by calling 516-829-2570.
PICK UP DATE: TBD
Dropping off work
You may drop off work by appointment only Mondays – Fridays between 10am – 3pm. To schedule an appointment please call 516-829-2570 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to the Gold Coast Arts Center
The Gold Coast Arts Center is located in Great Neck at 113 Middle Neck Road. Our entrance is through the rear of the building in the northwest corner of the outdoor Maple Drive parking lot. Please note: you cannot enter the Arts Center from Middle Neck Road; you must use the Maple Drive parking lot entrance. If coming down Middle Neck Road, make a right onto Maple Drive (if you pass the movie theater you have gone too far). Then make a quick left into the Maple Drive parking lot and look for the blue awning!
All artists must complete an Artist Agreement to participate in the show. Click HERE to see the Agreement forms. We ask that you please print and complete them in advance of dropping off your work.
- Artists are limited to five (5) pieces total.
- Artwork may not exceed 5 feet in size.
- Plexiglass framing is preferred.
- Artwork will be on display in storefront windows (or at the Gold Coast Arts Gallery) and must be appropriate for view by the public at large (including children). Gold Coast Arts reserves the right to refuse to exhibit a piece of work that is deemed inappropriate for this exhibit.
- The location where each submitted work is exhibited is at the sole discretion of Gold Coast Arts.
- Each piece must have the artist’s name on it.
- It is in the sole discretion of Gold Coast Arts to decide which pieces to include in the Destination Downtown Exhibit. Submission of artwork does not guarantee inclusion in the exhibit.
The artist must provide us with a brief bio that can be displayed alongside their work and on our website. Email bios to email@example.com no later than July 1, 2021.
Destination Downtown Events
We are planning several events to promote the artwork and encourage people to visit Great Neck’s downtowns. These include Artist Reception, Art Walks, Family Scavenger Hunts etc… We will let you know the dates once these events are scheduled.