7th Annual Your Big Break Competition
Local High School and College Musicians Perform for Music Business Professionals and Great Prizes In Three Rounds
Your Big Break is hosted by the Gold Coast Arts Center and Love Revolution Org. in association with Rick Eberle, PR.
The competition is open to all musicians, ages 15 to 25, who do not currently have a recording or publishing contract and reside on Long Island or in the Tri-State area. Artists must perform with a band, solo with an acoustic guitar, or sing to a backing music track. Finalists have been chosen from over 1,000 entries, and will be narrowed down in three rounds.
Doors Open: 7:30pm | Show Starts: 8:00pm
GENERAL ADMISSION FOR ALL:
Advanced Tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults. Tickets are $20 at the door upon availability.
Round Two Acts include:
- Carol Beyda
- Carol Beyda is a young talent of 15 years who has a natural ability to move an audience with her passion for singing. Not only has she had extensive live performance experience at the Gold Coast Arts Center, she has recorded and written original music. Just hearing her passionate vocal artistry, conveys the belief that she will have a career as a recording artist. Carol approaches every song she sings as a unique project; consistently and meticulously crafting it into her own style. She has developed her four octave range into a dynamic and soulful instrument that audiences everywhere will enjoy hearing.
- Glorious is a powerhouse pop singer, livetronica drummer, producer and songwriter. Named after her grandmother Glorious Cooper and graduate of Berklee College of Music, she has been making music since she started playing drums at the age of three. Her alluring, entrancing style combined with a captivating, playful and complex vocal melody lands her in a unique category. Her sound easily fits into a lineup of today’s top hits and remains unique and creative in the same breath. For more information about Glorious, visit http://www.gloriouslive.com.
- A Band Called Sad
- SAD is an upbeat alternative rock band that plays with an undercurrent of sadness and captures a nostalgia for events that could have happened. The band consists of front men Marlon Marcy and Taylor Crawford and a number of alternating instrumentalists.
- Over The Garden Wall
- From a wide variety of musical backgrounds and experiences, Over the Garden Wall formed in February of 2019 with Jonathan Gardyn, Ryan Wall, and Aidan Larenas, all of a previous band. Currently, they play classic rock, but are currently experimenting with original music. For two months, the three remained a three-piece band as they actively searched for new members. Eventually, Ryan was put into contact with Grey Wilson and elementary school classmate Sarah Hock. In addition, Ryan and Jon had went to School of Rock in Rockville Centre with Grey. After the first rehearsal, it was clear that the band had something going.
- Lydia von Hof
- Lydia von Hof is a singer, piano player, and songwriter. She has performed as a soloist at Madison Square Garden at a New York Knicks half-time show, The Bitter End in NYC, the Hard Rock Café in Boston, and has been a finalist at Gold Coast Arts Center’s “Your Big Break”. She is a past winner of Long Island’s Got Talent, and recently won best solo artist at a performer’s showcase in Boston. She performs at various restaurants and venues on Long Island, and has been a returning musical guest on PATV’s “Brick Wall” TV show. She performs weekly as the vocalist for a jazz ensemble. Aside from singing pop, jazz, and her originals, she is a classically trained pianist, and has performed piano solos at Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center. She has performed as a singer/pianist at New York City venues such as the Broadway Comedy Club, and The Duplex cabaret club, and performed with the New York Opera Exchange. Her songwriting has won acclaim, as she was recently awarded best singer/songwriter from Boston’s Young Performer’s Club.
- Doubble Troubble
- We’re Identical Twins Melanie and Marissa. We’ve been playing music and singing together since as long as we can remember. We both play acoustic guitar and are heavily influenced by 90’s Rock. Our biggest influences are bands like Mazzy Star and The Jesus and Mary Chain.
- Anthony de Ross
- An artist based out of New York. Striving to develop a career within the music industry. Love writing and collaborating with positive people. I play guitar and sing as a solo act. Most of my material is emotionally driven and has a pop song format to it. Wrong Reasons is my first single released and it is out now on multiple music platforms such as Itunes, Spotify, Amazon music and Soundcloud.
Headlining performance by: Katie Zimmer & Devinare, college sophomores at LIU Post. Katie and Devinare are an acoustic duo that play all over Long Island and Manhattan. They play the Jones Beach Bandshell, the Space at Westbury, the iconic Bitter End in Manhattan and many other impressive venues. Katie and Devinare share a love of music and play eclectic sets spanning different genres and decades, which keep their fan base happy and Diverse. Katie won Your Big Break 5 years ago when she was only 15 years old and credits her win to giving her wonderful opportunities and exposure. She is honored to be back here to perform with Devin at the 7th Annual Your Big Break Competition.