In partnership with Magnolia Pictures, we are pleased to offer our Gold Coast Cinema Series audience the chance to see Daniel Roher’s moving tale Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band. This screening purchase will support Gold Coast Arts, and help us in our mission to remain a vibrant community resource for the arts and film.
Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band is a confessional, cautionary, and occasionally humorous tale of Robbie Robertson’s young life and the creation of one of the most enduring groups in the history of popular music, The Band. The film is a moving story of Robertson’s personal journey, overcoming adversity and finding camaraderie alongside the four other men who would become his brothers in music and who together made their mark on music history. Once Were Brothers blends rare archival footage, photography iconic songs and interviews with many of Robertson’s friends and collaborators including Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison Martin Scorsese, Peter Gabriel, Taj Mahal, Dominique Robertson, Ronnie Hawkins, and more.
Daniel Roher | Documentary/Music | 102 mins | USA | 2019
To stream, click on the link below. All you have to do is click the Rent button, enter your email address and your credit card or PayPal information. That’s it! Once the film is rented, it will be available to view for 30 days and you’ll have 72 hours to finish once you’ve started watching. Every rental is $12.
In the summer of 1979, the Strelzyk and Wetzel families–who had been working on their audacious plan for more than two years–try to flee East Germany in a self-made hot-air balloon. But after the balloon crash-lands just before the West German border, the Stasi find traces of the attempted escape and immediately launch an investigation. In a nerve-wracking race against the clock, the two families attempt to build a new escape balloon as the Stasi get closer and closer each day…
Michael Bully Herbig | Drama | 125 mins | 2018 | Germany
Offer Available April 2, 2020 through April 4, 2020
- Click the link below when it goes live on Thursday, April 2 to purchase entry to our digital screening of Balloon for only $10 on Distrib Film’s secure virtual screening room created just for patrons of Gold Coast International Film Festival.
- Create an account and complete your purchase, you can also gift a screening to a friend or family member.
- Watch as much as you like for 3 days!
- For any questions regarding streaming, device, connection, or payment issues, you will need to reference these links and reach out directly to that site’s customer support.
- For non-streaming questions, please feel free to reach out to our Film Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.