Our doors may be temporarily closed, but all of us who work to bring you Art, Music, Dance, Theatre, Film and other art forms are still working to bring you all the comfort and joy that the Arts can provide…courtesy of the Internet! On our 25th anniversary, we present VIRTUAL GOLD COAST ARTS.
If you are a ticket holder for shows that have been postponed, your options are:
- Donate my tickets – Gold Coast Arts, like most nonprofit organizations depend on advance ticket sales to help us bring you the various programs in our School for the Arts and Film offerings. When the films are postponed, the financial loss can have a serious impact. If you are in a position to do so, please consider donating the value of your tickets to Gold Coast Arts to help keep this community resource afloat during this challenging time. If you would like to turn your tickets into a tax-deductible charitable donation to the Arts Center please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
- Credit my ticket for a future screening – We’d love to see you back for a show in the future! If you would like to receive a credit for use toward a future ticket purchase or for a future screening of the postponed film, we would be happy to credit your account.
Film Society Membership
We realize some of you have questions about your membership and program enrollment, and we appreciate your patience as we continue to expand on our virtual cinema series. Our strength comes from your generous support and participation, whether through membership dues or class fees. This period of closure is financially challenging, and our staff is working hard to support your needs. Due to the way we are currently able to book films, we are unable to offer member pricing or member ticket benefits at this time. We’re excited to have an opportunity to offer new movies-at-home to our audience. Your membership will be extended by 3 months due to these challenging times and you will not lose any value on your membership.
Virtual Screening Room FAQ
Some of our online films will be free of charge and others will require you to purchase a ticket directly from a distributor and other tickets will be purchased from Gold Coast. For tickets purchased directly from a film distributor, a portion of the proceeds of each ticket will go back to the Arts Center.
- For films that require a ticket purchase, you only need to purchase one ticket per device.
- You can stream the films and Q&As from a variety of devices—smartphone, iPad/tablet, desktop computer, laptop, smart TV, Roku or other stream cast device.
- If you are having problems viewing a film:
- Restart your device and internet modem and/or router
- If possible, use a wired connection to increase internet speed
- If using WiFi, try to move your device closer to the router.
- If playback is delayed or slow, try pausing the content to allow the buffering to make some progress before clicking play again.
- Make sure you are using the correct username/password to log in on your streaming device (browser or Roku/Apple tv app) (password IS case sensitive) Check whether caps lock is on/off.
- If using Chromecast, make sure the device is connected to the 2.4GHz WiFi network as Chromecast does not work on 5GHz networks.
- Make sure you’re not in airplane mode on your computer/mobile device.
- If streaming does not work, try another browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc).
- Make sure the duration of your rental has not expired.
If you are still having problems, please contact the customer service number on the distributor’s webpage where you purchased your ticket.
- We will offer periodic Q&As and webinars which we will announce in our emails with links to where you can view them online.