The Gold Coast Arts Center is proud to offer scholarships for talented and deserving students to take classes at the Arts Center in art, ceramics, music, drama, fencing, chess and dance. Scholarships are also available for our SummerArts programs. There are a limited number of scholarships available each semester, subject to the availability of scholarship funds.
1. Fair and equal consideration will be given to all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or creed.
2. Appropriate documentation (which may include tax returns, identification in the form of passports, green cards, birth certificates, social security cards, etc.) must be provided at the request of the Arts Center.
3. Each applicant may only be awarded one scholarship per semester.
4. Scholarship applicants may be asked to provide partial or token payment to the extent that it is determined that they are able, in order to fulfill a portion of the tuition. This payment is generally payable before the start of each semester.
5. Applicants may supplement their portion of the tuition with in-kind services (office work, etc.), at the discretion of the Arts Center.
6. The scholarship will be for one semester and will be reviewed at the conclusion of each semester of classes provided. Award of a scholarship in any given semester does not guarantee that scholarship will be offered in future semesters.
7. Visitors from other countries or states who will be staying in the Great Neck area for a short period of time (i.e. up to one year) are not eligible to apply.
8. All efforts are made to protect the confidentiality of applicants.
9. It will be at the discretion of the Executive Staff and Scholarship Committee of the Gold Coast Arts Center to determine whether a candidate will be awarded a full or partial scholarship to take a class at the Arts Center.
For more information on available scholarships, and to obtain a Scholarship Application, please contact the Arts Center at 516.829.2570