This page includes links to many great arts institutions and organizations around the world. Travel the globe without leaving your couch by taking a virtual tour of a museum, watching a world-class opera or listening to your favorite Broadway star perform from their living room.
For Families & Children
Presented by The National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
•NGA Kids Art Zone: Featuring a variety of art-making tools that encourage exploration and creativity, these computer-based activities are suitable for all ages.
•Look Together Activities: Conversation starters and zoom tools help make connections with art and each other.
•An Eye for Art: Meet more than 50 artists and masterpieces grouped around seven themes.
Children’s Book Authors & Illustrators Art Demonstrations
- Graphic journalist and best-selling illustrator Wendy MacNaughton is hosting a live 30-minute online drawing class for children, Mondays through Fridays at 1 p.m. EST.
- Children’s book author Mac Barnett is reading books aloud.
- Author of Rad American History A-Z Kate Schatz is reading from her book and offering a series of “curriculum videos.”
- Children’s book author Mo Willems partnered with the Kennedy Center to host daily “lunch doodles.”
- Illustrator Carson Ellis is posting daily drawing prompts.
Streaming Music & Theatre
- The Metropolitan Opera is streaming encore presentations from the award-winning Live in HD series of cinema every night.
- Broadway Shows are streaming through Playbill
- “Stars in the House”– Playbill correspondent and SiriusXM Broadway host Seth Rudetsky and producer James Wesley will produce a daily live streamed concert series
- The Berlin Philharmoniker: The Digital Concert Hall now free for everyone
GOLD COAST ARTS GALLERY BLOG
We are thinking of you in this strange moment, as routines pause and we adjust to living in a new way for the health of communities across the world. More than ever, art can offer inspiration, beauty, and solace. While the Gold Coast Arts Center Gallery is closed, I’ll be sharing with you highlights of current and past exhibitions. Enjoy and let’s stay connected!
“Wall Works”, an exhibition of work by graffiti artists who participated from the Long Island City graffiti Mecca was the first exhibition under my leadership as gallery director in 2014.
Click HERE to read the review from the New York Times