About The Competition
Join the Gold Coast Arts Center and Love Revolution Org.—and some of our friends in the music biz—as we look for Long Island’s next big thing!
Prizes to get the winner started on their musical journey include:
- The chance to open for national acts at major venues like The Paramount in New York
- Recording Time at Mix Place (Tom Douglas, Judge)
- PR and social media campaign including management, booking, and label services consultation with the Rick Eberle Agency (Host)
- Musical equipment from All Music Inc (Guy Brogna, Judge) and ZOOM North America (Stephen Marcuccio, Judge)
- Homepage feature on ReverbNation.com (Lou Plaia, Judge)
- Feature article in Good Times Magazine (Rich Branciforte, Judge)
Judges are major players in the competition, with past years having included some of the music industry’s elite such as: ReverbNation.com’s Lou Plaia, All Music Inc.’s Guy Brogna, songwriter Tara Eberle Drouin, producer David Caggiano, producer Richy Petrello, and label executives Stephen Marcuccio, Jerry Lembo, Linda Ingrisano, and Mark Ambrosino. 2019 judges are soon TBA.
Mentors are assigned to the finalists to help them hone their craft before performing at the finals. 2019 mentors will be announced but past mentors included singer/songwriter Ryan Star, songwriter/producer Ido Zmishlany, American Idol’s Robbie Rosen, Dream Recording Studio’s Jason Melker, Sojourn Record’s Mark Ambosino, arranger/producer/songwriter/remixer and former VP of A&R at Atlantic Records Jimmy Bralower, singer/songwriter John Hampson of Nine Days, songwriter/producer Donnie Klang of MTV’s “Making the Band”, and others.
Each evening is capped with a special headlining performance. Past artists who have performed in the headline slots have included: Buddhist Priest, Iridesense, John Hampson of Nine Days, The Brady Brothers, and Sir Cadian Rhythm – all of whom are local musicians who have had major success in the industry, with hopes to further inspire the next generation of New York stars presented each year.